The Baseball Bat and Softball Bat Care section offer tips and guidelines for proper care of your bat.
- Limit the bat to individual use.
- Do not use in temperatures below 60°F (16°C).
- Do not store the bat in extremely hot or cold temperature areas.
- Do not clean metal cleats with the bat.
- Use regulation leather covered baseball and softballs; NOT rubber cage balls.
- Do not hit waterlogged balls.
- Routinely check your bat for any damage.
- Rotate your bat ¼ turn each swing (this prevents one side of the barrel from becoming prematurely worn down).
Although each manufacturer may provide slightly different information, the basic principles apply to all bats. For further information regarding bat care techniques, please see our Vendor section so you may contact the appropriate manufacturer.
All bats, unless otherwise noted, will be covered by a Manufacturer's Warranty. The typical warranty period is a full twelve (12) month warranty from the date of purchase, although some manufacturers have modified that policy to 400 or 500 Days or 2 years (depending on the item). Regardless of the warranty period, the coverage tends to be the same. The Manufacturer's Warranty, subject to evaluation, usually covers the following defects to items such as breaking, end cap damage, loose knob, internal rattle, and denting.
The Manufacturer's Warranty does NOT cover bats that have been "abused, altered in any way or mistreated; bats that have been used in a commercial batting cage, bats used after initial failure, etc." For a complete list of the warranty information, please contact the vendor directly. A few years ago the bat manufacturers decided to handle all returns directly and take it out of the hands of the dealers. They do require an RA (Return Authorization) Number so contacting the manufacturer before sending the bat back is a must.
* Need help finding the perfect baseball bat or softball bat? Our knowledgeable Customer Coaches are available 24/7 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Live Chat, or our toll-free phone number: 1-866-380-BATS (2287)! *